I’m always looking for ways or systems to better understand my clients and for them to understand themselves. The more light we can shed on how we naturally function in the world, the better equipped we are at succeeding in business. I came across Human Design over 20 years ago and was fascinated by the complexity of the system and it’s focus on helping people understand how they are “designed” to operate in the world. Including the way they process information and make decisions – which is a critical piece for anyone to know about themselves in pursuing entrepreneurship.
Human Design is a synthesis of eastern and western astrology, the I Ching, the Chakra system, Kabbalah and Quantum Physics. On a more practical level, it’s a tool, an electrical map that shows you how you process energy.
In this interview, Human Design Trainer Karen Curry Parker explains how it is basically a map that shows you who you are, what you’re here to do, how you should go about doing it.
Karen Curry Parker is a Human Design Specialist, trainer, professional speaker and #1 best-selling author on the topic and truly the go-to authority on Human Design and really lays out the basics of this system as it pertains to business in a very simple and concise way in this fascinating interview.
- the 5 Human Design types
- what kind of business each type will thrive in
- the tweaks each type can make make in your business to increase their impact
- “When you’re in business, if you don’t know how to make a good decision, you’re going to end up making a whole lot of spaghetti throwing”
- “There’s 5 different ways of making decisions. When you know your unique decision-making strategy, it empowers you to create from a completely different place. It empowers you to create more profitably and structure you business in a way that the impact that you want to have from serving at your highest level, but also to create a life that will give you the balance and the harmony and the freedom that we’re looking for when we go into business for ourselves.”
- “When you really tune in to who you are, you also discover how many forces that are not your own energy have been influencing you in your decision-making, even in your choices about your business.”
- “When you understand the nature of how you are energetically hardwired, it helps you pick what kind of work you want to be doing. It helps you structure your business.”
Guest Contact Info